While developing a new custom module for Orchard and running the site locally I noticed that it wasn’t working any more:
- all the pages returned 404 error messages
- the home page displayed the directory listing
I assumed it was something wrong with my module so I started to search for the cause. I found some suggestions like:
- make sure you have a content page that has the homepage property set to true
- delete the cache file: Orchard.Web\App_Data\cache.dat
- check for duplicated route names
- check the log file under Orchard.Web\App_Data\Logs
And finally, the log file saved me, showing that there was a DB connection problem.
Note to myself: Always check the log file first if you have no idea what’s going wrong.